We've been in Luxembourg for almost 2 full weeks now. Today, Sunday, Michelle and I drove around Luxembourg for a couple of hours. It was Michelle's first attempt at driving here on the Luxembourg roads (which can be very intimidating) and also in her new (used) car. It was a great day to do this as it was a bright sunny day and on Sunday afternoon, very few drivers on the streets.
After finding a couple of landmarks that she will be trying to locate on her own next time, we then went to the Luxembourg American Military Cemetery. This was a very moving experience and tribute to those Americans who gave their lives during World War II. It also is the final resting place of General George Patton.
Here are some pictures from our visit today:
Hopefully, you can read the words on this. It is describing some of the last battles to take place.
Lastly, General Patton's resting place. We thought it was quite interesting that it was not any different than the men that he led during the battles.
While it was a little cool still here today, about 0 degrees Celsius, this was a great afternoon.









Lovely to hear your news. Take it all in. What a wonderful experience! I hope I can come and visit sometime to share your experience.
ReplyDeleteTake care
Sue
Luxembourg Sooners? I guess you abandoned the state of Ohio too and took your talents to Oklahoma huh dad? haha. It should say "Luxembourg Buckeyes"
ReplyDeleteWOW! looks cool! I can't wait to come visit! =) I mean I am the only one with a legitimate passport. Miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteYes, Kyle...still a Sooner...and a Buckeye....
ReplyDeleteMorgan, we can't wait until you get to come...but I think Kody and Bert are going to beat you over..they have tickets..no passport..but tickets...
ReplyDeleteWe're ready whenever you are!!!